North American A-36 Apache
A-36 Apache (Invader, but also called Mustang) was the ground-attack and dive bomber version of the North American P-51 Mustang.
Power plant: 1 x 1323 hp Allison V-1710-87 12-cylinder V12 liquid-cooled engine driving a Hamilton Standard three-bladed constant-speed propeller.
Armament: 6 x 12,7 mm machine guns, two synchronized to fire through the nose and four in the wings, and up to 454 kg (1000 lbs.) of bombs carried on wing racks.
Total produced: 500 (delivered from October 1942 to March 1943)
Serial numbers of A-36: 42-83663 – 42-84162.
RAF serial number: EW998
- North American Aviation P-51 Mustang, Production Line To Frontline 01 – Michael O’Leary, Osprey Aviation 1998
- Mustang, A documentary history – Jeffrey Ethell 1981
- Mustang at war – Roger A. Freeman, Ian Allan Ltd 1974
- E.R. Johnson: American Attack Aircraft Since 1926, Mcfarland
- North American P-51 Mustang – Frederick A. Johansen, WarbirdTech Series Volume 5 Speciality Press
- North American P-51 Mustang – Edward T. Maloney and Uwe Feist, Aero Series 15 1981
- North American P-51 Mustang – Crowood Aviation Series 2009, Malcolm V. Lowe
- North American P-51 Mustang 1 Monografie Lotnicze 55 (polish) – Jacek B. Zurek, AJ-Press 1999
- North American P-51 Mustang F-82 Twin Mustang 2 Monografie Lotnicze 56 (polish) – Zbigniew Kolacha and Jacek B. Zurek, AJ-Press 2000
- North American P-51 Mustang F-82 Twin Mustang 3 Monografie Lotnicze 57 (polish) – Jacek B. Zurek and Piotr Wisniewski, AJ-Press 2003
- P-51 Mustang – Larry Davis, Squadron/Signal Publications 1995
- P-51 Mustang in Color – Fighting Colours – Larry Davies, Squadron Signal Publications 6505 1982
- North American P-51 Mustang – Rodrigo Hernandez Cabos and Geoff Coughlin, Osprey Modelling Manuals 19, 2002
- North American P-51 & F-6 Mustang U.S.A.A.F., E.T.O. & M.T.O. 1942-1945 – Camouflage and Markings 16, 1971
- P-51 Mustang in action 45 – Squadron/Signal Publications 45
- P-51 Mustang in detail & scale vol 50, Part 1 Prototype through P-51C – Bert Kinzey 1996
- P-51 Mustang in detail & scale vol 51, Part 2 P-51D through F-82H – Bert Kinzey
- Allison Engine Mustangs, Walk Around 13 – Glen Phillips Squadron/Signal Publications
- P-51 Mustang – Jeffrey L. Ethell, Warbirds Fotofax
- P-51 Mustang – Jarrod Cotter, Aviation Classics 2, 2010
- The P-51 Mustang – Len Morgan, Famous Aircraft Series 1963