Admiral Hipper-class heavy cruiser, the third member of the class of five vessels. She served with Nazi Germany’s Kriegsmarine during World War II. The ship was laid down in April,23 1936 and launched in August 1938. Cruiser entered service after the outbreak of war, in August 1940. She was named after Prince Eugene of Savoy, an 18th-century Austrian general.
Click on thumbnail images to enlarge