German medium tank Panzer III.
Official Wehrmacht designation was Panzerkampfwagen III Sd Kfz. 141 (abbreviated PzKpfw III). Panzer III was first used in combat during the invasion of Poland in 1939.
Panzer III chassis was also used as the basis for the 75 mm assault gun StuG III. Production of the Panzer III was finally completed in August 1943, but production of improved self propelled guns on Panzer III chassis continued until the end of World War II.
Max armor: 70 mm. Main armament: 1 × 3.7 cm KwK 36 Ausf. A-F; 1 × 5 cm KwK 38 Ausf. F-J; 1 × 5 cm KwK 39 Ausf. J-M; 1 × 7.5 cm KwK 37 Ausf. N