The Light Tank Mk VI was a British light tank used during World War II. It was produced from 1936 to 1940 and saw service in a number of different theaters of the war, including North Africa and the Western Front. The Light Tank Mk VI was armed with a machine gun and had a crew of three. It was powered by a Meadows 6-cylinder petrol engine and was capable of reaching speeds of up to 45 mph (72 km/h). The tank was relatively lightly armored, with armor ranging from 8 to 13 mm in thickness. It was intended for reconnaissance and light infantry support roles, and was not intended to engage in direct combat with enemy tanks.